If cluttered cables are a big turn-off for you and consider going cable-free in the near future by using almost everything wireless, you are in the almost right era. From keyboards to headphones, pretty much everything has gone wireless. But there is an exception; your monitor.
It still needs a connection to your PC with an HDMI or another connection cable to be able to get the necessary visual input. So you must be wondering how to make a monitor wireless? Is it even possible? What are the requirements for it? Well, we are here to answer all of these.
Making a monitor wireless, is it even possible?
Well to answer it in a single word, Yes. It is possible to make a monitor wireless now, thanks to the continuously evolving technology. The vision of having a wireless and clutter-free future is being adopted by any mega giants of the tech industry and we can hope to see a completely wireless world very soon due to the rapid progressions.
Do wireless monitors exist?
You must be surprised to know, if you didn’t previously, that wireless monitors do exist. But unfortunately, there are not many of them. There are a few options to choose from and the leading monitor in the wireless league is by Dell. If you want a more in-depth review of the best wireless computer monitors, check out our guide here.
Heads up: These monitors which we mentioned are not completely wireless. They still need a power cable in order to be connected to electricity. You will just need an HDMI to connect it.
Can I make my own monitor at home, wireless?
Yes, you can convert your regular wired computer monitor at home to a wireless monitor. Some of the requirements for it are as follow:
- Your monitor should have at least one HDMI input adapter.
- You’ll need to buy a specific wireless HDMI adapter and receiver system, which we will discuss later.
Read Also: Best Monitors with 2 HDMI Ports
Steps on how to make a monitor wireless:
1. You’ll need to buy a wireless HDMI adapter and server system before, as we previously mentioned. The best way to make a monitor wireless is by using Google Chromecast. In this case, the HDMI server is in your mobile device or PC as there is already Chromecast installed in it. You just need to plug in the Google Chromecast device into the HDMI input plug on your TV or monitor.
2. After plugging it in, you need to set it up to the same wifi network with which your PC is connected.
3. Under the display options on your windows, you’ll notice a ‘cast’ option to cast the display of your desktop on the monitor. This is the simplest and easiest way to make any monitor wireless.
4. All of the other devices used to convert wired monitors into wireless, like the Microsoft P3Q-00001 Wireless Display Adapter, works in a similar manner.
Pros and Cons of having a wireless monitor
We hope that this guide about how to make a monitor wireless helped you in converting your wired monitor into a wireless one. Make sure to check out our other articles on similar topics recommended for you.