Many laptops have ended up saying a sweet goodbye to ethernet ports. Now, that would be a yay! But you see, there are times when the integrated adapter you use for your wifi goes kaput when you might need it.
These are times that require you to connect your smartphone to your laptop using a USB. so, for an Ethernet connection, you require a USB Ethernet Network Adapter. Below is a list of products that might interest you, so, check them out!
Top USB To Ethernet Network Adapters
1. Ugreen USB Ethernet Adapter USB
This USB adapter will aid you in connecting your computer to any device of your choice, everything ranging from a smartphone to a router and everything in between. You can also connect it to a network switch instead of your wifi.
They are much faster and you can work without interruption. This product is a huge bonus when it comes to making an addition of the standard RJ45 port which comes in handy when you have to transfer files or have a video conference or want to game for a little while when using it on your notebook, Macbook, Ultrabook, etc.
This USB 3.0 Ethernet Network Adapter has proved itself to be a genius when you wish to put effort into protecting the RJ45 port located in your costly laptop. It is also helpful when you want to get your Ethernet port replaced because it is broken.
- This USB adapter is much more reliable than most of the wireless connections you come across.
- It is also faster than almost all wireless connections.
- The product does not require any other sources of power, USB power is enough.
2. Qgeem USB Type C To Ethernet Gigabit Adapter
This is a C-type USB Ethernet adapter, and this sort of design was specifically made for those of us who use USB C devices and need a connection with a wired network. When you compare this product to our regular wireless wifi connection, you will see that this is much more reliable and faster than wifi in general.
Just plug in and play. You will not have to download any tricky software or use a driver. The USB C Ethernet Gigabit Adapter is the ideal solution to experience a good, buffer-free movie night with your significant other or a wonderful video chat with your best friend who lives on the other side of the world.
Also, The product is great when it comes to the design of its body as well. As the cable is made up of nylon that has been braided smoothly to provide extra durability and the aluminum casing can be classified as premium for better heat insulation.
- The product is capable of fitting snugly into all of the type-C devices using the USB C port.
- It also comes with a little pouch which you can use to carry it around.
3. Cablecreation USB Type C
This product too is a C-type product, so, you can be sure that it will go well with all of your devices with a USB C port. It will help make a strong connection between the devices you use, such as your laptop, computer, tablet, or iPad to your modem, router, or network connection.
It is the ideal solution for all of you with a device that has no ethernet port or if you simply have a damaged port stuck with you. If you are wondering about the speed this USB C comes with, hold your horses because it provides an amazing deal of speed of up to 1000 Mbps.
It meets the standards set by the latest Gigabit Ethernet but the best part is that just because it is one of the best does not mean that it is not compatible with the previous standards. All in all, it is compatible with all of your devices with a type C port.
- You will not need a driver or an APP when you put this product to use.
- The ABS plate is super stylish and gold plated, giving it a serene look.
4. Benfei USB Type-C
We have another USB type C that has been designed and manufactured by Benfei for the sole purpose of making the plug-and-play connection a lot easier and useful. This connection is made between wired internet and devices with USB C ports.
The product also offers up gigabit ethernet connectivity although the wireless connection is down or simply inconsistent. You get a stable speed for your network connection and with such stability, your surfing internet action will be taken up to the next level.
Know that you will be able to make bigger downloads with a good deal of velocity and zero interruptions with such a product and when a USB C like this is involved, things are not limited to super quick internet only.
To make plugging in and unplugging an easier task, a thoughtful design was chosen for a better grip on the cable. The product overall is compact and lightweight.
- The cable is made out of nylon which was braided skillfully to provide durability.
- To make matters better with heat insulation, an aluminum casing was used.
5. TP-Link USB To Ethernet Adapter (UE300)
This USB adapter is magical as it lets you make an RJ45 Ethernet port out of your laptop’s USB port. So, with such a product, you can switch between a wireless internet connection that can be unstable and something more stable, that is, a high-speed, stable Ethernet connection.
This TP-Link USB to Ethernet Adapter takes your entire speed to the next level with its involvement simply. It also aids in elevating all of your browsing experience that includes transferring files, video chatting with various people, playing online games, and streaming interesting content uninterruptedly.
The device is compatible with various devices, such as IEEE 802. 3, IEEE 802, and IEEE 802. 3U, and thus, supports them properly. It also is compatible with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 standard backward.
The product can be downloaded without the involvement of a driver for most products but for Mac OS 10.6 10.8 specifically, you may need a driver to download it.
- You can fold this product however you want for storing it safely.
- A portable product that boosts up your internet speed greatly.
6. Jsaux Usb-c To Rj45 Thunderbolt 3/Type C
This JSAUX USB C to Ethernet adapter will work well to make a connection between your devices, such as a laptop, a smartphone, a tablet, etc, and internet sources, such as a modem, router, or any other internet connection to get your videos playing without any buffering.
Well, This enables you to do so many things with a lot less irritation, for example, transferring files, watching a funny video, playing games with your friends, or video chatting with your mom. The transfer speed this product comes with is about 1Gbps.
This is a USB C adapter that uses braided nylon material for its cable which makes it super durable and all the better for gripping on it. It also protects it from any physical or chemical damage, so, it is a huge yes when you have kids around.
The product is flexible, so you can fold it if that is what you want and to make heat insulation better, a premium aluminum casing has been put to use.
- The product comes with an 18-month warranty.
- JSAUX USB C to Ethernet adapter allows you to connect several devices with an internet source and thus, providing a buffer-free experience.
Buyer’s Guide To Buying The Best USB To Ethernet Network Adapters 2021
Well, there are many things you should consider when buying a USB ethernet network adapter. But there surely are things that matter more than the rest. Below is a list of things you should take a look at before making your pick.
Number Of Ports
When it comes to USB network adapters, they can come in bundled in something called a hub”, which is nothing but an accessory. This mainly features various kinds of ports. Hubs are mainly responsible for bringing back what was lost as computers become slimmer and lighter.
That is extra external connectivity. It can be a flash drive or an SD card or anything you would like to connect to your computer, and the great thing is you can connect so many things at once!
There is a fair possibility that your USB network adapter can be required at any time and any place. So, it would make sense for you to carry it around with you wherever you go. Well, This is why you need something that is more pocket-friendly.
Although, if you are sure that you will be needing it at a single place, you can surely go for something with a bigger hub. This will allow you to have more ports.
You need to check how compatible the product is with your computer. These days, it can fit in well with almost all types of computers but if you use a MAC computer that had a releasing date after 2016, you might want to check on some USB-A to USB-C adapter types.
Make sure that the USB network adapter you are getting can connect well with your PC, if that is what you are using or your MAC, again, if that is what you want it for.
One of the most used reasons people give for purchasing a USB network adapter is how they are capable of giving a boost to your computer’s speed. The USB network adapter you are looking at should be able to make video chatting with your significant other, group calls with your friends, downloading modern video games, surfing the web, etc pretty quickly.
So, look for something that will let you do all that with no interference in speed.
As we take a look at the laptops and computers we have today, we can notice that a major drawback they have is the decreased number of ports. And with an ethernet port, you can connect to a cable for the internet.
Sure, they work great with wifi as well but if you are working on something private, it is always better to use a cable. They are also much faster than wifi. But as most laptops are used with the help of wifi, companies are not going to give a thought to bringing back the ports.
So, the best thing to do right now would be to purchase a USB network adapter. There is a good deal of demand for Ethernet network adapters and that is why there are many options to choose from.
But to make the right choice, you will need something to guide you along the way, and a buyer’s guide would be the best solution. Above was a list of various UBS Ethernet Network adapters that can be super useful to you when it comes to computers along with a buyer’s guide.
What exactly is a USB Ethernet network adapter?
A device that aids in making a connection between the USB port and the Ethernet cable. When using a USB and an Ethernet adapter, you are capable of connecting multiple devices using an Ethernet Cable instead of a USB one. A USB cable is not as reliable or as long.
Why do you need USB Network Adapters?
USB network adapters are very helpful when it comes to improving your wifi’s working speed on your computer but using the USB port instead. Another one of USB network adapter’s advantages is that they require no tricky installation internally.
What is the difference between a USB drive and a flash drive?
A USB drive is a hard drive that can be connected to a device external using a USB. A flash drive is also something that connects to the computer using the USB port but it comes in more of a solid state, meaning, it will not move.
Take a look at this USB to ethernet network adapters also:
- 【USB 3.0 Fast Transmission】uni Ethernet Adapter supports 10/100/1000 Mbps at fast USB 3.0 speeds and is also backward compatible with both USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. Note:...
- 【Plug & Play】USB to Ethernet adapter serves as the bridge between RJ45 Ethernet cable and your USB 3.0 devices and does not require any driver or software installed....
- 【Secure & Stable】Wired network is known as being securer and more stable than wireless connections, and uni's USB to RJ45 adapter is the perfect solution to maintain...
- 【uni's unique design】The built-in intelligent chip RTL8153 offers high-speed transmission. USB connector fits snugly into the port ensuring stable signal transport....
- 【Compatibility & Features】NOT compatible with Nintendo Switch. Compatible with ChromeOS, Windows (32/64 bit) 8/7/Vista /XP/10, Mac OS X 10.5 or later, Linux. Note...
- USB Ethernet Adapter: Ugreen USB 3.0 male A to RJ45 female ethernet adapter connects your computer or tablet to a router,modem or network switch for network connection....
- Protect or Replace a Broken Ethernet Port: USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is a good accessory to protect the RJ45 Lan port in your expensive computer, or replace a...
- Speed up to 5Gbps: Full 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit ethernet performance over USB 3.0's 5Gbps bus, faster and more reliable than most wireless connections. Link and Activity...
- Wide Compatibility: This USB RJ45 adapter work with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12, Linux kernel 3.x/2.6, and Chrome OS. *Do Not...
- Mini Portable : UGREEN USB rj45 adapter is mini and portable, perfect to take on the go. What You Get: UGREEN USB Gigabit LAN adapter x 1pcs and lifetime friendly...
- 【USB 3.0 Fast Transmission】USB 3.0 to ethernet adapter Obtain fast speeds up to 1 Gbps, downward compatible with 100Mbps/10Mbps. (To reach 1Gbps, make sure to use...
- 【Stable connections】 Switch from an unstable wireless connection to a stable high speed Ethernet connection. It is good solution for file transfer, video...
- 【Thoughtful Design】atolla USB 3.0 to ethernet adapter equipped a type-c conversion adadpter to compatible with more USB C devices. It is a good solution for adding a...
- 【Wide Compatibility】Compatible with Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7, Mac OSX 10.6 and above, Chrome OS, Linux kernel version 2.6.14 and above. (Note: Win XP/VISTAR/7,MAC OS...
- 【What You Get】1*USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, 1*USB to USB-C adapter,1*Instruction Manual, 18-month warranty, and our perfect customer service.
- FAST ETHERNET - Add a fast wired network interface to your system. Compatible with Windows 10, 8.x, 7, Vista and XP. Wii, Wii U, Linux, ChromeOS, and some Android devices...
- INSTALLATION - Automatic driver installation via Windows update on Windows 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, and XP (with existing internet connection). Full 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet...
- COMPATIBILITY - Windows 10, 8.1/8 and Surface Pro series have built-in support. Windows 7, Vista, XP supported by Windows Update, disk, and download. Drivers built into...
- FEATURES - ASIX AX88772 chipset used for widest possible compatibility. RJ-45 port interfaces with any 10/100Mbps Ethernet network, Link and Activity LEDs, USB...
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as...
- Connectors: USB-C (male) on one end and an Ethernet RJ-45 (female) on the other.
- Features: built-in driver for easy setup; Compact size offers easy portability
- Link Speed: Gigabit
- enables PXE Boot on devices lacking on-board Ethernet (as long as they have USB-C port)
- allows you to extend your device's bandwidth by establishing a new Internet connection.
- Easily connect your MacBook Air computer to an Ethernet network with the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter.
- Small and light, it connects to the USB 2.0 port of your MacBook Air
- Provides an RJ-45 connector that supports 10/100BASE-T performance
- Adapter for converting a USB 3.1 Type-C port to a RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Integrated Ethernet port supports 10M/100M/1000M bandwidth; offers instant Internet connection to the host
- USB-C input allows for reversible plugging; offers complete compatibility with current computers and devices
- Ready to use, right out of the box; no external power adapter needed
- Slim, compact size and lightweight aluminum housing for easy portability
- Instantly adds 3 extra USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and 1 x RJ45 gigabit ethernet port to your ultrabooks, notebooks and tablets featuring USB interfaces and enjoy data...
- Compact, lightweight, portable, Tecknet USB 3.0 hub ensures a neat and uncluttered arrangement of all connections making sure that plugs and cables do not interfere with...
- Supports IPv4/IPv6 protocols, dual channel transfer mode, auto transfer and data stream reversing regulation.
- Supports Hot Swap and Plug & Play on all USB ports. Built-in surge protection keeps your devices and data safe. Blue LED indicates normal operation.
- What you get: 1× TeckNet 3-Port USB and Ethernet Hub, 1× User Manual. Enjoy 18-month warranty, free lifetime technical support and friendly customer service.
- Dual Functions: USB 2.0 hub Ethernet adds 3 x USB 2.0 ports and 1 x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port to your computers and notebooks.
- Faster&More Reliable: Full 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet performance over USB 2.0's 480 Mbps bus, with USB powered, link and activity LEDs, the hub network adapter is faster...
- Great Compatibility: This USB Ethernet adapter with 2.0 hub supports Windows 10(32/64 bit) 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.9, Linux 2.6.14 or above. For...
- Slim&Portable: With slim portable size, the LAN adapter hub is a good solution for adding a standard RJ45 port to your Wii, Ultrabook, notebook, or Macbook Air, iMac Pro,...
- Useful Features: Use the USB rj45 hub to replace your broken internal network port on desktop and laptop, add a separately-routable network interface, and transferring...